Friday, April 29, 2022

Mandela's Outstretched Arms - Union Buildings

[Memoirs]

I used to ramble about during the lunch hour

wearing a large hat and a wet scarf over my

shoulders in the hot South African sun, went

up to the Union Buildings towards Mandela’s

 

Outstretched arms to thank him & wandered

back under the fir trees, picking up fir cones

for the kids back home, the days were bright

with silver sunshine on dappled grass where

 

I happily traced all my steps back under the

shade of the trees, listening to music on my

IPod and humming with Heino singing about

clover growing in summer and snow falling in

 

Winter - loving the rhetoric in these and the

nostalgic claim that beauty made him fall in

love because that described I felt about the

beautiful landscape in which I was roaming

 

[Internet Translation of Ade zur Guten Nacht]

"Goodbye - Good Night

Farewell and good night -

Now the end has come

Since I have to leave

[In summer, the clover grows

In winter, the snow snows

Then I'll come again] 2

 

The hills and dales are mourning

Over which I roamed

A thousand times

[That is what your beauty did

Making me love

With great longing"] 2X

https://lyricstranslate.com

 

Ade Zur Guten Nacht

Ade zur guten Nacht,

jetzt wird der Schluss gemacht,

dass ich muss scheiden.

[Im Sommer, da wächst der Klee,

im Winter, da schneit's den Schnee,

da komme ich wieder.] 2X

 

 

Es trauern Berg und Tal,


wo ich viel tausendmal

bin drüber gegangen.

[Das hat deine Schönheit gemacht,

die mich zum Lieben gebracht

mit großem Verlangen.] 2X

https://lyricstranslate.com 

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...