Sunday, April 24, 2022

While Sinking In Nightmares

“Somebody Else’s Kids” -A true story, Hayden, L. Torey, Part 4

Sphere Books Limited – 1984


It is most painful to read accounts of real

childhood experiences because one finds

so many things similar to what you lived

through yourself - 7-year-old twins Libby

and Lori with a brain injury caused by an

angry parent; Libby explains before they

 

Were saved from their mad birth parents,

they were punished every day, even now

living with her adopted father she forgets

she is safe & wakes up from nightmares

lying awake the rest of the night with head-

aches and stomach pain fearing for her life

 

Allergies used to keep me awake also - I

know the feeling of not being able to sleep

while sinking in nightmares, trying to cross

a street, a wind holding me back while cars

come racing at me, getting up the next day

nauseous with terrible headaches - I never

 

Knew people did not live life like that, just

thought everyone felt the same and coped

so much better than me, the Duchess my

twin sis couldn’t master her thoughts to

learn at school, her life was worse than

mine, life held such terrors she decided

 

Never to have kids, never expose them

to the senseless tragedy and desperate

unhappiness she experienced as a child

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...