Monday, April 18, 2022

Sights And Sounds Of Reality

That’s the advantage of scrubbing and cleaning, working

as a Charlady as Paul Gallico in his novels about Mrs

Harris, charlady, says: one can do it while sleep-walking,

it’s good for the nerves, the silence of the early morning

 

atmosphere while the others are sleeping takes me to my

inner cathedral where all is beauty and religious symbols

but after hanging the laundry in silence it is time to bring

back the sights and sounds of reality, freezing in the open-

 

plan kitchen because the CharKnight opened the front door

on the dappled green of an emerald world outside, I need a

song to warm me as the willful new washing machine filled

with gremlins keeps churning and stopping and heating the

 

washing although I want to keep the temperature low, but

modern technology is a beast and we can only follow…


No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...